If you want to focus your time on growing your property business with the comfort of knowing that the management of your investment is in the hands of industry experts that fully understand the complexity of all the relevant legislation, then the BRH Property Management Service is for you.
BRH is a property management company that specialises in the letting of residential properties to both the private rented sector and housing associations. Registered with the Property Ombudsman and ARLA and with full client money protection in place, you can be assured of the highest standards. Over the last 5 years we have developed a range of ‘guaranteed rent’ and long term lease options that give our clients far greater options when it comes to securing the most profitable letting arrangements for their investment properties.
Whichever route you choose our ‘Full Management’ package will give you the peace of mind that your investment is being managed correctly and its financial performance is being optimised. All of our Full Management clients are assigned a Local Property Manager who will take full responsibility for the successful management of your investment property. Our team are involved in the private rented sector at the highest level consulting on legislation, representing the landlord community and supporting landlords affected by all types of property licensing.
We try to keep things as simple as possible for our clients, so whether your property has been let on the private market or on lease to a housing association, our Full Management service covers it all. Please see below for further details:
- You will be assigned a Local Property Manager (‘LPM’) who will be your point of contact throughout the letting process. Once Let, your LPM will review your property on an annual basis to ensure all opportunities are being maximised and nothing is missed.
- We will carry out a letting appraisal so that we can advise you on the best approach, the available options and your properties rental potential.
- We will conduct a full inspection of your property, provide you with a detailed report and make recommendations to maximise the letting and ensure your property is fully compliant with the latest legislation.
- A member of our maintenance team will visit your property and take a comprehensive video and photographs of key appliances such as boilers and showers. This ensures that if anything goes wrong then all the information is at hand.
- If your property requires a Selective Licence, Additional Licence or HMO Licence then we can advise you on exactly what you need to do. For a small premium we can actually do it all for you.
- We can arrange any pre-let maintenance and cleaning for you.
- You will be set up on our ‘Property File’ landlord portal. This provides you with full management information, statements and details of any maintenance. During the letting process you will be able to see any scheduled viewings and any viewing feedback
- A ‘To Let’ board will be erected and, once let, removed by us
- Wide angled professional photography
- Individual property webpage with a tailored e-brochure
- Advertising on all the UK’s leading property websites such as Rightmove and Zoopla
- A marketing plan for each property so that you can clearly understand what’s happening and when
- We will market your property to our existing database of tenants and if requested our housing association partners
- Industry leading vetting service including a full credit and reference check on your tenant.
- Advice on the best applicants to place in your properties.
- Options on rent guarantee products (subject to tenant qualification)
- Insurance based deposit alternatives available for applicants, reducing their moving in costs and increasing the chances of a successful let.
- 24/7 access to your PropertyFile
- Utility management
- Industry leading inventories delivered by fully qualified HHSRS inspectors. Inspections are attempted after three months initially and then every six months thereafter (providing there are no issues at the property). In the case of HMO’s or blocks of flats a monthly communal inspection will also take place.
- Drafting and execution of all relevant documentation such as tenancy agreements, guarantor documents and, depending on the letting type, leases.
- Deposit Protection management
- Serving of any appropriate legal notices such as Section 21 or 8.
- Maintenance Mandate to ensure a set standard for all tenants and demonstrate exactly how your maintenance issues will be dealt with. (we should link to a PDF of the mandate)
- 24 hour Maintenance hotline to ensure your property is always protected and your tenants needs are being serviced
- An app for your tenants enabling them to report maintenance issues quickly and provide full information and photos. This reduces your maintenance overheads as less time is required on diagnosis
- An 'in-house' maintenance team ensuring we can respond quickly to any urgent issues.
- Repair costs can be deducted from the rental income giving you a monthly credit account
- Certificate management
- Annual plan for each of your properties ensuring your investments are consistently reviewed and nothing is missed.
- Other Key Benefits for BRH Management Clients only.
- Access to a comprehensive insurance policy for any property type and any tenant type that recognises you have de-risked your property by putting it in the hands of BRH
- 10% discount card for B&Q. No minimum spend required, literally 10% off anything in the store, any day of the week (not restricted to trade point only)*
*Trade Point reserve the right to review their discounts at any time.